Break with the Past
to break with the past, and destroy the power that memories of the past have over you. At a psychic level, it severs your emotional links with the past to the extent that you will be able to live your life without those painful feelings.
*Cast on the Dark Moon, a powerful time for endings and new beginnings.
You will need
-one charcoal disk in a fireproof dish
-one black candle, 6-8"
-matches or a lighter
-one teaspoon of myrrh
-one 9" length of black cord
-one fireproof dish
-one pinch of saffron
How to proceed
2) Light the charcoal disk, and then the candle, saying:
By this token I am freed and come toward the light
3) Sprinkle the myrrh onto the charcoal
4) Tie a knot toward one end of the cord: this represents the memories you wish to leave behind. Tie another knot toward the other end of the cord: This represents a future free from the feelings that are keeping you in the past.
5) Holding the 'past' knot in your left hand and the 'future' knot in your right, place the cord over the flame, and allow it to burn through. Burn the 'past' knot entirely, placing it in the fireproof dish.
6) Place the saffron on the charcoal, and cense the knot that represents the future. Keep this in a safe place.
the severing ritual to